This is one of my treasures- Lila doll. She is the fake Cabbage Patch doll that I got for my 5th birthday (I think). I seem to remember having my birthday party in a park while en route to moving to Utah from Oregon (anyone? help my bad memory?). Anyway, I remember being so excited to get a coveted cabbage patch doll, and Mom helped me name her.
Now Lila doll has a second life as the occasional "baby" for the girls- especially Birdy. She remembers to take extra-special care of Mom's special doll and will dress her carefully in Build-a-Bear dresses and tuck her in to sleep at night.
1 comment:
I am fuzzy on this but I think it was at Grandpa Pad's old house where Aunt Mary was living. (We moved in there after the Sunny Day Fire...2 blocks from G. Mtgy's house). I remember the party on the lawn, big trees and LILA.
Glad I saved her.
Post a Comment