View of the LR from the Entry. The piano is on loan from the owners who couldn't take it to their rental.
View of the LR/Entry from the hallway leading to the Master.
Master bedroom view from door- I missed taking a pic of the big window...
Also the Master. It doesn't really look it in these pics, but it is huge- like "waste of space" huge.,
Master bath- nice tile, garden tub (!) separate phone booth, er, shower stall (what?! we're tall, we need room for our long elbows).
More master bath- view from the good size walk-in closet. Just admire that garden tub. Too bad it is a million degrees and it will be months before I can enjoy it!
Look! If you come visit us you can sleep in the dungeon (or tower, depending on if we like you). The walls are textured to look like stone!
Girls room. I guess I didn't take a pic of Bear's room. It is the same as the girls except without the half-round window top-thingy (thank goodness- it stays darker in there). The rooms are itty bitty, but we don't mind because all of the toys are in the playroom so they fit the bunk bed and dresser just fine and they all have decent-size closets.
Playroom- it is a converted garage so it is huge and it looks pretty nice. It has that little window A/C unit which works well enough. The big black thing is a built-in entertainment center the owners left- it is awesome for toy storage and etc.back yard. The kids were really excited about the tramp, but have only jumped once or twice (literally- one or two jumps!) because it is so hot. It will be fun when the weather cools off, though. We're also going to get a sprinkler so they can jump that way. The yard/grass extends along both sides of the house too, but there isn't much grass total . The cement part is the driveway and we have a giant gate that leads to a back ally- kind of hard to explain, but it isn't hard to see why the owners converted the garage into a play room- it would be a hassle to drive around back, open the gate, and park in back. We (and our other neighbors with this driveway set-up) just park in front of the house.
There is also a little patio/deck kind of area that I like the look of, but I didn't get pictures of. Honestly, I don't really know what the outside really looks like- we walked around the first day and have avoided unnecessary trips outside ever since :)
P.S. Wow- I complain a lot about the heat in this post. Sorry. It is just really, really hot- like you are wearing an electric blanket hot. And TX needs to learn all about air conditioning from AZ- every building we go into seems to struggle to be at 78 degrees, so we never feel really cool. It is the enemy- it prevents me from sending the kids outside to play and jump on the tramp. Every time I suggest leaving the house I have to battle the kids who can talk, and break my heart when my chubby little Bear whimpers when I put him in the roasting-hot car :) /whine
PPS- sorry about the crappy spacing between pictures and text. Blogger really stinks and likes to add extra spaces that I can't figure out how to get out no matter what.



6 comments:
That is a super nice place. I have inspected many a house, so I should know...
Your place looks awesome. So bright and open!
I love it! I think the front is bea
utiful. The kids will like the driveway to play on...later, of course. I think you should/can be happy there! Thanks for the pix!
I think it looks like a great house. Sorry it's so hot. Hopefully you'll have a nice mild winter to balance it out.
What will you do with all the room?
Out side will be fun someday:)
This summer has been an unusually HOT summer in TX for us here! So hot that only one of my kids will go outside and you hardly see anyone using the many playgrounds around. I cannot wait til September when it might cool off (we're hoping!). It's really sad that I can set my thermostat at 81 F and feel cool.
Only one summer has been hotter--1980 when we got 42 straight days of 100+ temps and 69 days total of 100+ temps. So far 2011 has had 40 straight days of 100+ temps and 57 days total. We're in the #2 spot this year. Of course some summers are just mild and wet so don't figure one summer will be just like the next.
For the extra spacing between paragraphs (breaks) you need to check the "Press ENTER for line breaks" under options in draft.blogger.com. Blogger is adding extra
.
Post a Comment