Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Texodus: Salmon is So Cool!

We have so much fun in Salmon.  The kids got some good, quality Charlie time.  I was worried that since he had his arm amputated (because of a tumor) the kids would be weirded out, but they took it in stride.  We were all happy to see that missing an arm hasn't slowed him down one bit and he can still play the "poke" game as well as ever!  
The kids also loved on Grace the dog.  Bear thought it was funny that there was a Grace cousin and a Grace dog!
After being married to a Salmonite and visiting Salmon for 12+ years, I finally dipped my toes in the mighty Salmon river (but no smoked cheese curds! I'm convinced they don't exist).  The kids had a great time throwing the biggest rocks they could find in.
The girls and I practiced our best Sacajawea poses.  As Birdy pointed out, she is always depicted as pointing off into the distance using two fingers...
We had fun at the Salmon river until it started to sprinkle.  Some of us can NOT handle water falling from the sky.
One of my favorite things about visiting Papper's house in Salmon is that they have kept EVERYTHING.  This is DMP's old desk from his room growing up.  He really liked stickers.  My very favorite of all time is the one in the middle. It says "Keep on vanin'" and "Go Van Go"!.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

And Charlie loved the time & attention with his cousins.