Everybody was super excited for school to start this year! The girls couldn't wait to be a First and Third Grader. Also, when did my girls learn the "hand on one hip" model pose? I can't get over how beautiful they are!
The annual "Pick whatever you want" first day of school breakfast was fun this year.
Birdy picked:
Lime Sherbet/Sprite float
Gyoza (aka potstickers- we use the Japanese word in our house)
Rice Krispie treat
Cookie Dough Ice Cream
EJ Picked:
Pop Tart (with frosting)
Sausage Biscuit (she wanted McDonalds, but DMP is gone again and I couldn't go out without backup!)
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie
Gyoza
Lime Sherbet/Sprite float
EJ says this about her first day of third grade:
"It was GREAT! First we got to school, and to our classes and then I made some new friends. We were in music and a new girl is named Paige and she asked if I wanted to play at recess. My teacher is the best EVER. So then at lunch, Me, Audrey and Paige sat together. It was funny because Audrey had red juice. You know how you get a milk mustache? She got a juice mustache! It was hilarious!
At recess we played hide-and-seek tag. It was FUUUN. The teacher read a story I've wanted to read again forever called "The Recess Queen". My favorite thing about my first day was Mrs. Bailey and my new friends! My least favorite thing was having to sit with the little kids to wait for Mom to pick us up after school."
Birdy has this to say about her first day of first grade:
"It was AWESOME! I did two papers- one with a bus on the front and then a number one. I sit by a boy I don't know and Avery and a new boy. At recess, all the girls I know got with me and we chased Max and we ran from Max. We also tried a dance out and it really worked!
Lunch was great- I ate everything. Mrs. Dawes is the best teacher. I have to say, she is better Ms. Cain! My favorite thing about today was mostly everything. My least favorite thing was recess because I felt a little sick because it was hot."
Aren't they just so cute and grown up? *Sniff* Actually, it was all cheers and no tears at our house this year. I offered to go in and walk them to class and Birdy said "No, Mom, EJ will show me the way if I need it. We're fine." I'm glad the happiness at school being back in session is mutual!
It was SO much fun hanging out with just me and my lil buddy again! Also, going to the store with just one? AWESOME. He was pretty happy to have Rosie to hang out with, too!
Bear has this to say about the first day of school:
"I'm Rosie the dog! Woof!"
Monday, August 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How does it feel to have twins all of a sudden? We miss you guys!!
They're so grown up! And gorgeous.
Post a Comment