Boy howdy! This Texodus, I rediscovered my love of s'mores and a nicely toasted marshmallow. I think it was because it had been so long since I'd had any s'mores. Also, we went back to "classic" s'mores. We had been using chocolate-covered graham crackers and fudge-stripe cookies, but it just isn't the same!
One night at Papper's in Salmon, we took advantage of his outdoor fire pit. Uncle Mark hooked us up with wood and roasting sticks and we made some good 'ole s'mores.
Well, everyone except this guy. He doesn't like marshmallows toasted OR on crackers with chocolate. He did eat about half of the bag of "raw" marshmallows.
EJ says she prefers hers "well done". I used to say that, too, but that was just because I was too impatient to have them any other way :)
We were lucky enough to be there for Carola's first s'more! They don't have them in Argentina (I know, right?) For the record- she loved them. Also for the record, Danny (her husband, my nephew) makes the most consistently perfect roasted marshmallow of anyone I've ever seen. It's a gift, I believe.
Don't ask what is going on in this pic. I don't know. I just thought she was adorable in it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment