The girls and I were inspired by our visit to the This is the Place park and some great new books from Grandma to have a pioneer day. To make it extra-fun, we invited some of our friends to dress up like pioneers and come and join us. We read the pioneer books and learned about what it was like to cross the plains. While we were reading, the girls took turns "churning" and making butter.
The girl's favorite activity was doing the laundry. We got some dirty clothes and washed them the pioneer way (you know, if pioneers used a bar of zest soap...). They had so much fun and washed until we ran out of line to hang them on! Now if only it really got the clothes acceptably clean I'd let them do it every day!
In true pioneer style, we made our own toys. We made super-easy and fun yarn dolls. The girls did a great job making them and they were thrilled!
We topped off our play date with slices of bread and fresh-made butter! Side note- I had intended to make home made oatmeal bread, but my bread machine "walked" off the counter while it was mixing and broke beyond repair! Luckily we had a loaf of regular bread to save the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Why did you move away? I need you down the road to do all these kinds of things that I don't have the time/energy to do anymore ;-)
Post a Comment