Friday, September 6, 2013

Texodus: Temple Square

EJ and I met Aunt Cyndi and her kids (plus Minnie and Grace) at Temple Square to explore all the fun stuff to see there. Birdy and Eli stayed at home with DMP to play with the other CA cousins.
This is the best miniature dollhouse EVER! The kids loved looking at inside the temple and playing with the interactive touch screens that have virtual tours.  It is kind of funny- at this point in the visit, Cyndi had to leave me for a bit with all 6 kids. 3 people talked to me (asking if Grace and Minnie were twins, telling me "Good job, Mom" and etc.) and assumed they all belong to me.  Only in UT would someone with 6 kids 9 and under be unremarkable. If I were in TX, people would be asking me if I knew where babies come from and secretly snapping pictures of me :)
We found one of the chunks of temple granite with the drill holes in it!
I just love this pretty girl SO MUCH!
The kids loved the reverent spirit in the Christus room.
We made our way to the Book Of Mormon children's exhibit after a whirlwind spin around the Church History Museum (the littles were getting restless).  The kids had a blast building a wall together!  Grace and Minnie were just happy to be out of the stroller and running around.
This is probably my favorite thing from the whole Texodus.  This girl LOVED getting dressed up and dancing with the other kids at the Mexican dancer exhibit. She would twirl, curtsy and hold her arms out like the other girls. I have a video and it is the cutest thing EVER. I'll upload it soon to the blog to share.

We didn't get to see everything (again) this visit, but it was a whole lot of fun. I can't get over how beautiful the flowers and landscaping is around the Temple. I love it!

1 comment:

CKW said...

I want a copy of that picture of Janie! I'm glad you document everything because I suck at it these days :-)