Holy cow. This is a Burger Supreme Bacon Cheeseburger. It has officially replaced the Bowling Alley burger as THE burger standard. So, so good! I love their thick-cut fries with just the right amount of salt and "real" ranch dressing, too. We did go to the bowling alley but we realized that it just hasn't been up to par lately- the burgers were dry and not as tasty as before :(
I think I ate my weight in beautiful, sweet and delicious UT sweet corn. Dad seriously bought it for me and cooked it up every meal. For some reason, the corn on the cob we get in TX is woody, dry and bland- so sad!
Grandma K's special pancakes with blueberries and chocolate chips. It might not seem like a big deal to Grandma, but this is something my kids talk about and remember all year long, especially Birdy!
I can't express my deep love for Kneaders. I wish we had it in TX. I love their key lime tart (nice and tart, not too sweet!) and their fruit tart (love the pastry cream!). Their asaigo bread is to die for- that and jerky was pretty much all we ate on the drive home! I just love all the fresh sandwiches and soup options and the fact that it gives you a non-ice cream option for dessert :)
Mmmm... Pita pit. Just as good as I remember (and the parking was just as crappy...)
Last but not least, I rediscovered my love for JoJo potatoes at the Mountainland gas station in Heber. These are so good- battered and fried with just the right amount of spicy. Seriously, does anyone in TX know where I can get potatoes like this? Not the wimpy stuff they sell in your average grocery deli...
Other food shout outs that I didn't get pictures of include the really yummy meatloaf sandwich and lightly pickled carrots and cauliflower that I had with Kim and family in the Nordstrom's restaurant (can't remember the name, but you can bet I'm throwing carrots in my favorite pickle juice for 24 hrs to see if I can copy those veggies!). Of course I had a heavenly Logan's Hero- a must anytime we are even CLOSE to Logan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment