Monday, September 14, 2009

My uterus is really flattered...

EJ is convinced we are getting a little brother soon. She brought this picture (above) home from Primary today. It is her family tree. See the one named "Bear"? That is apparently her baby brother and his name is Bear. (DMP and I have joked that we should have a boy and name it Bear after Bear Grylls of Man v. Wild)

It seemed to start a couple of months ago. We were in the freezer aisle of Wal-Mart and she blurted "I want one of those". I was scanning the frozen potato products and said "What honey- popsicles?".

"No, one of those" she said, pointing to a young Mom with a little baby boy. "Oh" I said, "A baby?" " Yep" she said, "a baby brother."

I told her we'd go to baby section and see if we could find one that we could buy...

After our neice Kira announced her pregnancy, we started getting the baby stuff out for her. EJ became convinced it was for her baby brother. She has very seriously been telling Birdy for weeks that she shouldn't play with the bouncy, clothes or anything else that is "baby brother's".

Birdy has gotten in on the act- patting my tummy and saying "you got a baby in there". I most definately don't but I'm feeling like there is a campaign on the part of my girls to have a sibling. I'm afraid they've started telling family, people in the ward and whatnot that they are having a baby brother.

So to quote Anna Paquin denying recent pregnancy rumors "My uterus is really flattered by all this attention..." but I'm afraid there is no occupant. Yet.

6 comments:

JM said...

We love Bear Grylls. We just watched him in Alabama go toe to tusk with that wild boar. I think a boy named Bear would match perfectly with your nature-named kids.

CKW said...

Hahahahahaha...I was going to say something, but I can't...hahahaha..seem to get it out in my mirth over...heeheehee...jen's comment!

It's funny cause it's true...you totally could have a boy named bear. If you do have a boy I think I am going to call him that no matter what you name him. And I will probably laugh when I say it.

Kate said...

Uh oh, Matt read this over my shoulder this morning and then turned to me and said "Come on, let's beat them to it."

I think he'll be sleeping on the couch for awhile.

Anonymous said...

Dad said the same thing about the bird, flower and???? naming system. Bear it is.

Transplant Phoenician said...

I just can't help but think that you're not old enough to be having nieces having babies! ;)

Sorry to be a little of the cause of all the attention your uterus is getting these days.

Just out of curisity, has EJ let you know if we're having a boy or a girl?

K said...

MAK, that is hilarious. Oh the plethera ways our kids can humiliate us. Hopefully it doesn't happen in public. On the flip side, it's pretty handy to spread the word when you are pregnant. Kids are great PR.