I don't know if I should be worried or not, but lately Birdy is loving (and identifying with) her Disney villains. It all started at Disneyland. During the rainy day, we explored the hands-on exhibits in the building that has Turtle Talk with Crush (can't remember the name). There is a room that is a "replica" of the Beast's library and it has interactive "books" that "tell you which Disney character you are".
Birdy took the quiz (with my help) and at the end we were told she is most like the Queen of Hearts. Ummm- can you say right on? BTW- EJ was told she is like the evil queen in Snow White, so I think the results are all villians... Later that same night, we watched Sleeping Beauty for the first time for Birdy, I think. She loved Maleficent and all the next day we had to address her as "Evil Queen". Ditto for Snow White that we watched the next day- she loved the Evil Queen parts the best.

Now, I can't blame her for thinking the villainesses of these particular movies are super-cool. As DMP said- Sleeping Beauty/Brier Rose/Aurora doesn't actually do anything- things are just done around her. And let's face it, Snow White is all things sweetness and light, but she's kind of boring and all both princesses do is disobey and then fall asleep. Now, the villains- that's where the power and awesomeness is at! Who can blame our kid for admiring that- right?
Her most recent favorite Villain is the Shadow Man from Princess and the Frog. He's my all-time favorite villain too, and he has the best song :). We just bought the movie and when he first came on the screen, she let out a delighted squeal "The Bad Guy- I love him!".
So d'you suppose all this means that she's on her way to growing up to be an evil genius? I hope if she is that I'm like the parents of evil geniuses in the cartoons- completely oblivious!
No comments:
Post a Comment