I'm sure Jen will post the full report (and pics? We forgot to take any pics!) but I wanted to give our view/report on Will's baptism this weekend.
We got to the church early and met Jace and Will as they were going in. Will was so cute and excited. He said he was nervous which I thought was sweet. The pre-baptism talks were great. I especially liked Jen's. Since she is Primary Prez, she has "canned" talks and she has honed it to an art. It was very age-appropriate and even kept EJ's attention for a bit (c'mon, she's 5!).
One of the best parts of the the pre-baptism talks was the awesome musical number by our very own Abby! I'm so impressed that both Abby and Lauren are learning to play the piano (and other instruments). I think it was really special that she was able to do a lovely musical number and she did a great job!
EJ was pretty excited to go to the "bath-tism". Birdy was just sort of along for the ride... For FHE last week, we talked about baptism and confirmation and what would happen with Will's and kept talking about it off and on throughout the week. We told Will about our lessons and thanked him for being a good example. He was so cute and proud that he could be that kind of example- I love that kid!
Watching the baptisms definitely made an impression on EJ, although I'm not sure what kind of impression, exactly. About halfway through the talks, EJ started to ask where "the big tub" was- you know, for the bath-tism. While we were driving home she asked how soon she would be 8. She said that the girl getting baptized with her Daddy "was like a princess". I think she was more into being the center of attention than any real spiritual drive to be baptized. But hey- it can't hurt for her to associate baptism with a real, positive experience, right?
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
EJ is so inquisitive. Big words and all. Love that girl.
Post a Comment