Sunday, May 23, 2010

30 Weeks

Ta Da! The "official" 30 week pic (good thing we got one before it became 31!). I'm feeling pretty good, and things seem to be going well. Brother kicks (a lot!) but, unlike the girls, he doesn't seem to be as into schooching up as high into my lungs/chest as possible, so that is nice. Not so nice is the constant heartburn. I only get it when I'm preggo- the first time I had it with EJ, I thought I was having a heart attack until DMP pointed out it was probably heartburn!

Sleep is getting harder because if the kicking, readjusting the belly pillow every time I roll over, and having to pee a lot, but nothing more than expected. I find out the results of my Glucose test tomorrow. Cross your fingers that it is OK and I don't have to prick my finger every day for the next 10 weeks (ish)!

We are slowly getting things ready for this little guy. We have plenty of clothes (thanks Cynj!) and the baby's room is slooooowwwlly transforming from the craft/storage/misc. junk room into a 1/2 storage & 1/2 baby room. Hopefully we'll get everything done before he comes. Oh, yeah, when I say "we" I really mean DMP is moving and cleaning while I direct. He's such a great guy!

EJ is still excited and will frequently greet "Baby Brother" before me when I come home from work. She is still acting like a "little mother" and is eager to help me with anything I need (which is awesome because picking stuff up off the floor is hard!) Birdy is OK with the baby being a brother as long has he has pink hair, she can put him in dresses, and his name is Sparkle Shiver-Shiver. Hey, it's a bit of progress, right?

UPDATE: I went to my Dr appt today and my glucose test was all normal! Hip! Hip! Hurray!

3 comments:

JM said...

He looks great. So do you!

Adventures of Matt and Rae said...

I especially like the name. I think it will grow on him...as well as the pink hair!

Kate said...

I'm just reading this now. Congrats on the glucose test, apparently you and I like to be borderline in our pregnancies (at least the most recent ones).

Also, you look fantastic. You're all bump, you look great everywhere else (if that makes sense, it's meant as a compliment(!