Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Apparently, I stink

We were at stake confrence a week or so ago. EJ leaned over and whispered a question and I replied briefly. She then whispered "Mommy, do you ever brush your teeth?"
I held back my giggles and said "yes".
"Oh, because sometimes when you talk, your breath stinks."
What else could I reply other than "You too, honey."

As a related side note, both girls have been very into smelling each other's breath or asking DMP and I to smell theirs. Hey- at least they are aware of the need for good oral hygene!

On Saturday, I overheard this conversation between EJ and her best friend Emmie:
EJ: "My mommy has smelly stuff she puts on her neck" (I'm assuming she means my perfume)
Emmie: "Oh, does it smell like strawberries?"
EJ (in all seriousness): "No, my little sister says it smells like chicken."

The next day we were getting ready for church and the girls wanted to put on some of the new "beautiful, beautiful flower perfume" I got the day before. As we were walking up the stairs, Birdy said "Yay! I'm going to smell like fresh, fresh chicken!"

2 comments:

JM said...

I love the smell of fresh chicken Birdies.

Tennille said...

Donny keeps telling me that if he brushes twice daily and flosses at night, it will prevent tooth decay. Kids say the funniest stuff!