Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One week

Wow, time flies- especially these last 11 weeks. One week from today I'll be back to work and as usual, I feel mixed.

I'm excited at the prospect of getting a shower every day. It will be fun to hang out with adults and not have to negotiate with the 3 yr. old as much. I really miss the faster pace of juggling work and "life"- I find "just" staying home with the kids to be kind of boring. I like getting a lot done in a day and I've found that between taking care of the kids and the newborn, I can't do as much as I like. When I'm at work, I'll be able to do more! I have a lot of friends at work and I've missed my daily interaction with them. I like my job, and I'm excited about the new projects and etc. that will be waiting for me.

I'm not looking forward to being away from the kiddos all day again. As difficult as it is, I feel like I'm just starting to get into a "groove" and feel confident with the whole SAHM thing. I'm concerned about how our family is going to balance everything- grad school, work, etc. I didn't realize how nice it was to have DMP home to worry about fixing dinner, cleaning and laundry. I don't know how those things will still get done (not to mention reading practice and quality time with the kiddos). I know they will and that lots of families manage with both parents working :)

I'm super-grateful that the kids are going to be taken care of by Aunt Cynj. I'm not worried/traumatized by leaving my baby and going to work because I know that he'll be with the next best thing to Mom and Dad. Aunt Cynj loves "Butter" and Birdy and EJ adore her and think her house is almost as good as Disneyland.

1 comment:

older but wiser said...

Are they going to Disneyland with Aunt Cyndi?