Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Funny Stories

Birdy (while riding in the car): "Mom, my bum hurts".
Me: "I'm sorry - is it your bumps? (she has some odd red bumps occasionally- TMI, I know).
Birdy: "No. It hurts like a crazy cow!"

I got a call this morning. It was a nice-sounding older lady looking for Marie. I said "I think you have the wrong number". She told me that I have Marie's number and have I had it long?
I wanted to help her out and I said, "What number are you trying to call?"
She said: "I'm trying to call Marie's number- her maiden name is (something I can't remember)"
I told her our number and she confirmed that was the one she had written down. I said I was sorry and wished her luck in finding Marie.

Two minutes later the phone rings again. It was the woman again. She said "You were so nice before I wanted to call you back and let you know that they think the nuclear fallout {I'm assuming she means radiation from Japan?} is going to hit the US soon. I'm very concerned about it and you should make sure that you have iodine and buy some powdered milk just in case. I don't know if it will get here, but my daughter lives in California and I'm worried about her."

What could I do? I thanked her for letting me know and now I'm off to get some iodine and powdered milk...

2 comments:

Tennille said...

I never get nice calls like that! Well, they are nice until I tell them I don't want to buy whatever crap they are selling. On a sidenote, my word veri is cowilift.

older but wiser said...

She has taken the "radiation advice" with care. Powdered milk is because the biggest fallout at Chernoble was cows eating "bad" feed and people drinking "bad" milk. So...go buy your powdered milk!