
Here is the birthday cake. I didn't want to do ANOTHER princess dress cake. Seriously- the girls have requested it for at least 4 birthdays in a row. I found this cute idea for turning a Barbie into a mermaid with a fruit roll up. I just adapted it and used a Kelly doll (say it with me Abby "Who wants to lick frosting out of Barbie's
Haaa-
ir!").
DMP saved my bacon by piping awesome chocolate seaweed and coral- that's all him. Thank goodness I have such a multi-talented guy at my disposal!

We reserved the church gym so we could make
Birdy's birthday a family get-together. Thanks to the super-slow balloon filler at
Maceys, we had a late start, but after that it was fun. Besides, isn't making your party guests decorate a form of "party game"?!? The kids had
octo-dogs and the adults ate
barbecue chicken sandwiches. Chips and fruit and soda were enjoyed by all.

The theme was "Ocean Mermaid" - mostly because we LOVE anything mermaid at our house, and mostly because we had a lot of ocean decorations left over. Cousins Abby and Lauren were a lifesaver when they took over organizing the kids into games. It didn't take as long as I thought to play the few games I had planned!

After dinner we did our craft. The kids all loved the fuse beads and worked hard on their masterpieces. The Mom's even got involved with helping! I love how in the pic above you can see the little kids (Jane and Mallory) being entertained in the background. They weren't into the fuse beads for some reason...

After a long, long day of birthday fun, Bear finally pooped out. I had to take a picture because a) check out his belly hanging over his pants- poor thing! and b) he never, ever, ever falls asleep anywhere but his bed and sometimes
car seat. I had to document it!
I think
Birdy's favorite part was when everyone sung to her. Check out that cute grin!
No comments:
Post a Comment