Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Birdy Birthday- Part 1

Birdy's birthday extravaganza encompassed two days - her "real" birthday and the day we had her party. Part 1 covers the "real" birthday- although she was convinced that the birthday party day was her "real" birthday because there was cake.
She got to open a present before EJ went to school in the AM and she choose Aunt Kate and Uncle Matt's. It was a Tangled doll (her name is NOT Rapunzel). She was by far the favorite present of the day. She still plays with her daily. She is about as awesome as you can imagine a doll with 18 inches of hair can be for a four year old. I have some pretty funny videos around freeing her from her package that I'll post as soon as DMP helps me upload them! Lunch was McDonalds Happy meal at the birthday girl's request. She was given the option of McDonalds and Pirate Island. I think she went with the Happy Meal for the toy and to play at the playland. DMP and I didn't feel like eating McDonalds so he went to In-N-Out and brazenly walked into the Playland eating area with his bag o' goodness. Other Mommies scowled in disapproval, the daddies just looked jealous.

Birdy got to open other presents throughout the day. It was the best idea I ever had- each present is special, she gets to play with them and as soon as she gets bored she gets to open another. EJ gave her a Liv doll. She's wanted one since EJ got hers for Christmas. DMP and I gave her the new Barbie movie and Bear gave her a "Groovy Girls" doll and gum. The gum was probably her second-favorite after the Tangled doll.


Dinner was pizza, bacon and "Thoda". I don't know what it is about my kiddos, but that is the same thing EJ ordered on her 5th birthday- go figure. After dinner, we boogied out to the best dollar theater ever to see Tangled. We missed it in the "real" theater so it was the first time for everyone watching it. We loved it (of course). The day wasn't all happy, though. See the super-cute hair pretty in all of these pictures? Cyndi gave it to Birdy and it was her favorite (and mine) and this was the first time she got to wear it. We lost it at the theater. So sad!


Other than that one sad moment, it was a fun and awesome fourth birthday for our girl!

2 comments:

Jeff Kinsel said...

I see you have also discovered the Water Garden Cinemas. They are the absolute best ever.

Kate said...

We can't take too much credit for the awesome present. After all, you told us to buy it for her. ;) But I'm glad we went with the 'Barbie' version, rather than the smaller one we were thinking of.

Your kids are awesome. I love reading stories about them.