Monday, April 4, 2011

It's a brand-spankin' new month...

All right folks. It's a new month now and I'm going to take a big, deep, breath and let it out slowly and just let March go. Thanks in big part to General Conference, and the fact that I think I'm finding my mommy groove, I'm going to move forward with courage, confidence and optimism.

Because, really, I have a lot to be optimistic and confident about. DMP doesn't have a job (yet) but he is seeing a lot of positive movement on that front. He has gotten interviews for nearly everything he's applied for. He is waiting on an offer/no thanks on two positions, and he's had first interviews for two more. He is applying for new stuff all the time, so it is only a matter of time before SOMETHING happens, right?

We have been so, so blessed during this uncertain period. Thanks to a larger-than expected tax return, we have more in our bank account than we've had in over a year. Our cupboards (and freezer) are full and we are able to eat well. Thanks to the many fun, free activities at our local library and etc. and our annual passes to Thanksgiving Point and our new Pass of All Passes (Thanks Mom!) we are able to have lots of fun as a family. Coupons and Internet deal sleuthing means that I can slowly build up EJ and Bear's summer wardrobe (when will they stop growing already!).

To top it off, we have an amazing family who supports us and are praying for us. Sure things will be a whole lot rosier when we know where DMP is working and whatnot but in the meantime we are so very, very blessed!

Oh, and the picture? That's just to show off my pretty girl. I hate posts without pictures :)

1 comment:

older but wiser said...

Her hair grows so fast! I think you can almost see it grow overnight!
Got my fingers crossed on the job front (but not Oregon!)