Before the party I got the girls to help with filling extra eggs for the hunt. Child labor is the best!
We had potluck lunch with the awesome chicken salad sandwiches, veggie cups (thanks, Pintrest!) pasta and potato salads and dino and dolphin-shaped PB&J for the kiddos. What? You don't know about the Easter Dolphin that brings good children kipper snacks?!? Sad.
The dessert table- death by chocolate bunt cake, Boston cream cake (or is it pie) and cupcakes.
The day before the party was Good Friday so the EJ had time off so I enlisted their help in making some decorations. We cut out egg and butterfly shapes (in the kitchen decorations) and used the shaving cream paint method to make them marbled. They were really fun to make and not too much of a mess. You should try it!
Everyone brought their eggs to the party, so while they were being hidden in the front yard, we made these silly-hair cups in the back yard and jumped on the tramp and played with chalk. It was fun. The silly-hair cups are easy- draw a face with a marker, fill with dirt, put wheat grass on top and water. The "hair" grows quickly and then the kids can cut it or whatever.
Here are some of the kids, ready to start the hunt! We let the really little (nursery-age) kids get a head start before we turned the big kids loose...
After the hunt it was back inside for lunch! The adults and little kids ate inside and the big kids got a picnic in the garage playroom!
It was such a fun party we want to do it again next year. We just have to figure out how many people our house can host :)
P.S. I love the easter decorations so much, they are still up. I definately need to do it earlier next year so I can enjoy them longer than one day :) Whenever I decide to take them down, the tissue flowers and butterflies are going in the tower play room!











2 comments:
Such a fun party. There is such joy in planning something like this for yours and others. I think you are on the hook for this next year...too fun and creative.
Sam, Thomas and Jacob were here for the Easter Egg hunt....we went to Smith's grocery! They had candy all over the aisles and divided by age group. The boys came away with grocery bags full!!! I planned it way in advance!!!
Looks lovely. I can tell you spent a lot of time making it just right. You had a lot of good helpers, too!
Post a Comment