Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter!

The kids woke up to filled Easter baskets and a note from the Bunny that he would be back to hide their eggs while they were at church.  Then we got ready for the usual Easter pictures.  They didn't turn out too badly this year!

One thing I love about TX is the great dresses I find at Kid to Kid and thrift stores. There are so many cute ones in great condition. I think people don't dress up for church as much here, so there are a lot of flower-girl/Easter/Christmas dresses to be had.  I was super-lucky and found coordinating dresses for the girls- same print, different fabric and trims!  They looked adorable.
 I love that every picture of Birdy has this pasted-on sort-of-evil-elf smile.
 Bear's shirt is courtesy of Cyndi's hand-me-downs (thanks Cyndi!) it fit the girls dresses so nicely!
All I could get out of this guy was the "Cheese" face.  Oh, LOOK! An Airplane!
The whole family. I tried hard to find a new Easter dress that would coordinate with the pastel scheme of the rest of the crew, but no such luck!  Next year?
The Bunny hoped to hide eggs outside for after-church hunting, but a huge rainstorm started rather dramatically during Sacrament Meeting.  One of the speakers said "and then Jesus said "Into thy hands I commend my spirit" and died" and there was a loud clap of thunder.  It was pretty amusing :)
We still had fun hunting inside. Bear especially liked the game of picking up eggs and putting them in his basket. Picking up things to put in containers is his favorite game.  We just had to stop his sisters from taking all the eggs out from under him!
Happy kids with their haul.  Notice how Birdy has the most? She is a champion egg-finder and for two years now EJ has also "helped" her by pointing out more eggs. We keep telling EJ that she is just fine and doesn't need help, but I guess the kind big-sister instinct goes too deep :)
Happy Easter, y'all!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You always have so much fun!! Your family is beautiful. Love all of them:)

Kate said...

You have such an adorable family. I love the pictures!