Monday, April 2, 2012

Vacation Bonus! Bear Loves Sesame Street

In an effort to wean Bear off of shows that make me despair for the future of humanity, I've been showing him Sesame Street.  He likes it a lot. Not as much as his first love, but a lot. The fact that I'll voluntarily expose my kid to Elmo should give you an idea about my feelings for Gabba Gabba :)  Actually, I am very happy with Sesame Street and it is my very favorite kid show for all of them to watch. It is actually educational in a way that makes sense. Why do I want my kid to learn what "presto" means (in the musical sense) when they can't even name all the letters and sounds yet? Sesame helps with that!  But I digress....
Sea World's Sesame Street-themed Bay of Play was a perfect reinforcement to my new campaign against Gabba.  Bear wasn't afraid of the big, furry characters at all and was super-excited to see most of them (except poor Telly- more about him later).
This one is for Aunt Kate, who will always have a special place in her heart for Grover...
I'm making a kind of crazy face in this, because dear Rosita's hand is RIGHT on my boob...
Bear was totally fine with everyone, except Telly.  For some reason he scared the heck out of him (Bear's own personal "Grover" perhaps?) so he was kind of squirming in this picture.  He got to meet Big Bird and Elmo, too.  It was in a special "can't-take-your-own-picture-so-you-have-to-buy-ours" place, though. Bear liked to wave and look at Big Bird, but couldn't be persuaded to come closer. 

It was really fun to see him react positively to all of the cool characters, and it was fun for DMP and I to geek out a bit over them (I mean, The Count! in Real Life!).  For the record, the girls were mostly unimpressed. Birdy was pretty unwilling to do anything we seemed to want her to (like be in pictures) and EJ was mostly concerned about taking her OWN camera to be posing!

1 comment:

CKW said...

Try Kipper the Dog (or as Janie says, Kippah the Dog). They are all on netflix and it seems like the worlds most boring show, but it mesmerizes Janie and Thomas (who won't admit he likes it.) It is kind of a nice break from the constant singing shows. I forget about Sesame Street. I'll have to reintroduce it into the mom's homework time/kid's TV time schedule :-)