
Way back in June, the girls, DMP, Chester and I participated in the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Great Strides walk for work. As part of that, Ancestry purchased a table at their annual Taste of Salt Lake event and raffled tickets. We won and I had almost forgotten about it until I got the invite a couple of weeks ago.
As I looked at the invite, I noticed it said "Black Tie Optional". I had no idea what that meant dress-wise so I looked it up. Turns out, I had me a perfect excuse to get all fancied up for a big party. So I went shopping for a new outfit, and yesterday I got a massage and got my hair and makeup done to get ready. It was so fun. I mean, how many times do you get an excuse to get all dolled up and go on a fanny date with a handsome guy?
The best part of the event was that there was something like 30 restaurants from the Salt Lake area (including some super-fancy ones) that were all there with small portions of yummy food. We literally ate and tasted everything until we couldn't eat any more- which was a shame because it was mostly very, very delicious. I was in heaven!
The food highlights of the evening (for me) was the ahi tuna tartare (with a hint of wasabi and sesame) from the Sundance restaurants, a lamb and goat cheese cannelloni (sooo good!) and some super-delicious lamb from Mazza. Desserts were awesome and the red velvet cake from Everything Bundt cake was fantastic, and so was the chocolate berry custard cup from La Caille.
There was a silent auction there, too, and DMP and I bid on some things early on and got outbid quickly. We re-visited the auction about an hour before close, and bid on 3 things, thinking that we'd be lucky to get one. We won all 3!! It was unexpected but fun (and the money goes to a good cause). Now we get an overnight stay at the Mariott with dinner and breakfast, a bunch of eating-out certificates, and some other fun goodies!


3 comments:
That does sound like fun. Does a fanny date mean that you ate so much it went to your fanny or because you were with a handsome hubby who kept pinching you on the fanny?
Either or both sound like a super fun night. You are gorgeous and Dave looks all James Bond--Daniel Craig/Sean Connery (not Roger Moore or Timothy what's-his-name).
You both look smokin'!
I think to be nice, I'm going to burn all the seasons of Top Chef onto DVD's for you. Seriously, you'd love that show, especially since you're now turning into a 'foodie'.
I mean, if I like it (being the complete opposite of a foodie) then you'll totally dig it.
Glad you take advantage of such opportunities. Sound like the day was heavenly from beginning to end. Good choice on the outfit. stunning!d
Post a Comment