Saturday, December 18, 2010

Thirty-Six

DMP had birthday- he's now 36! Since he had school all day on his real birthday, we celebrated Daddy's Birthday Observed on Sunday. We had chocolate cherry cake (pic above). It wasn't anything to look at but it tasted good. I swear- one year I will make a cake for DMP's birthday that both tastes and looks good! Last year, I phoned it in with a chocolate cake we won. The year before I had small person help, but still...
After a birthday dinner of turkey pillows and roasted potatoes, we opened the presents the girls picked out just for Daddy at the stuffed-up-animal store (aka the Heber Thrift store. Some lady heard me encouraging the girls to pick a present for Daddy there and she gave us the most sympathetic look. I think she thought we were poor instead of just cheap :>). EJ picked out a "back-feeler-gooder" (as Birdy calls it) and Birdy picked out a special Zions Bank mug for his hot chocolate.

1 comment:

Tennille said...

I always love it when the kids pick out presents on their own. So interesting to see what they come up with. The girls did a good job.