I know it's been a long time since I've shared recipes here but oh. my. gosh. this recipe is sooooo good. It is Emeril's Kicked-up Tuna Melts from Everyday Food Magazine. You can find the recipe here. It is the very best use for canned tuna I've ever come across. The lemon juice and capers make the tuna taste bright and when you combine those with the fresh tomatoes they balance the creaminess of the mayo and provolone cheese perfectly.If you can, go for fresh lemon juice for this- it does make a difference. Also, you might be tempted to skip the capers (I mean- what ARE capers anyway?!?) but don't. A small jar will get you 3-4 recipes worth and they are so, so good and worth it here.
The recipe calls for 4 cans tuna for 4 slices of bread and we always find that to be a really high tuna-to-bread ratio, but we still make the tuna part as written anyway so we can have the leftover tuna for regular tuna sandwiches (DMP and I literally fight over who gets the leftovers for their lunch).
Do yourself a favor and try this this week (unless you hate tuna fish and tuna fish sandwiches, then you can skip it). You can thank me later :)
1 comment:
Russ hates tuna, and we tried these yesterday anyway b/c I'd stocked up on tuna for the now MIA cat. Russ ate three servings. I liked them a lot, but Russ didn't think he'd want another one for a few months, so I had to throw the leftovers out. (I halved the recipe so don't worry, there wasn't too much.) I don't know how much tuna preggy ladies are supposed to eat or I'd be eating them again today. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I didn't get my most recent EVERYDAY FOODS mag yet because I couldn't find this recipe in the last one I got.
Post a Comment