Monday, February 21, 2011

Our Valentine's Day

EJ worked hard to make paper beads for a necklace for Birdy. Look at her cute face in the pic above. She's concentrating very hard!
Birdy got a special "Best Friends Forever" valentine from EJ, a special ring pop from Daddy and a crocheted hair pretty from Mom. She was very excited to show them off!
Here's a close-up of the hair ties I crocheted for the girls. Birdy had pink and EJ had white. Anyone else remember these from their childhood? I'm not sure if I actually ever had one, but I at least remember other kids with them!
EJ was excited to make her valentine box. Thanks to an empty formula container, she had one of the most uniquely shaped valentine holder in her class!
Birdy didn't want to be left out in all the valentine box fun, so we made hers out of an empty oatmeal box. She passed out her valentines to her Sunbeam friends and Sunday and even got a few valentines for her box in return! She can't wait until she can go to school and get a lot of valentines (and candy) like her big sister!

2 comments:

Bek said...

Cute!!!!!

Kate said...

So cute! Your girls are getting so big.

Though you do know that it doesn't make any sense to call them by nicknames on the blog and then post pictures of them holding valentine boxes with their names printed on them in big, black letters.

Just saying.

Thanks for posting so much!