Sunday, October 4, 2009

For Kate and Matt...

Dear Aunt Kate and Uncle Matt-

I know that you live in far, far away London, England, so you probably aren't familiar with oft-shilled children's toys on American TV. However, if you lived here, you'd know that Moon Sand and "Bendaroos" are highly-coveted "call now and we'll double your order for 19.95" items.

Imagine EJ's extreme excitement when your birthday package in the mail containing Moon Sand and what (to her) appeared to be bendaroos. Her cousins were gratifyingly jealous ("Mom- remember when Donny and Bree said 'No Way!'? That was awesome.").

Thanks for an awesome birthday present. Here is a video of EJ thanking you herself. (P.S. A "Buh-guitar" is just a guitar)




Oh, and one more thing. Moon Sand is evil. It "never dries out!" which means that it sucks to clean up. Oh yeah, and it's sand. Wet sand. In my kitchen. That stains. So to recap- HUGE hit with the kid, not so much with the Mom.

Don't worry- now you have your own kid and I will have my revenge!

Love you!

Mak & EJ

P.S. from DMP- Just tried to clean up the Moon Sand. Expect Serious revenge. I don't think we'll ever be able to clean it up entirely- especially out of the tile tabletop.

2 comments:

Kate said...

First off, we didn't know it would be such a coveted present. Nor did we know it would be such a pain to clean up. Honestly, they were the only things in the 'arts and crafts' section for kids that looked semi-interesting.

We had no idea what moon sand actually was. So sorry. Matt would also like to point out that it's all me this time. He might have shared in the blame for Wren's noisy Dora toy, but these gifts were all my idea.

Again, I'm glad she was so excited, but I'm really sorry it's a pain to clean.

The video was way cute. Thanks for the post. We miss your girls.

JM said...

Love her hair. I haven't seen it "in real life" yet, so the video was a great glimpse. Love that Lily!