Last year, we celebrated EJ's birthday for about 2 weeks. Seriously. There was a family/cousin party, a friend party, a school party, and her actual birthday. I vowed never again- from now on, it was one birthday, one party.
Well, this year was better- we only had two parties and they happened the same day- which also happened to be her real birthday. So I can at least console myself that we are getting better, Right?
So for party number 1, we had the cousins over for Happy Meals and Build a Bear. First came lunch and cupcakes. I can't get over EJ's face in this pic. She was SOO excited to be the center of attention and finally have everyone sing to her!
After lunch it was off to BAB (aka Build a Bear) at the mall. I've got play-by-play below- aren't you excited?!?!First the kids picked out the animal they wanted to "build". EJ picked the puppy and all of the rest of the kids except Sarah did too! I think it looks kind of sad before it is stuffed- like a dead animal.

Next up was the stuffing machine. The kid pushes the pedal that shoots the fluff into the animal.
Then, to make it their very own, the kids gave their animal a heart. It is a very special heart- they rub it on their arms to make it strong, their tummies so it won't be hungry, and etc. Then they put it on their heart and made a very special wish. Birdy was especially into this:
Then the heart goes into the stuffed animal. It was really sweet- everyone at the party did a heart for EJ's puppy. Sam and Thomas also got lots of extra loves in their puppies.
Once the heart is added, the animal is sewn up:






THE END
4 comments:
I want to go to build a bear!
Pictures tell it all.
Thanks for the fun party. Sarah still talks about it!
It's funny how the end product reflects their personalities so well. Thomas loves his superheroes, Sarah, of course, had to have hers dressed in something 'pretty'. Lily who loves the Little Mermaid, had to have something Disney, and Wren with her fairy dog. And Sam's dressed as a wizard. It's classic!
Glad you guys had such a fun party. Hopefully our package for EJ comes soon (though there's no way it can live up to Build a Bear standards!)
I will admit, I always thought Build-a-bear was lame. Now I desperately wish that I had gone when I was a kid. :)
I like Thomas' bear. Awesome.
Post a Comment