One of my goals for this trip was to build in time to hang out with our "far away cousins" as EJ says and really have time for them to play. Bek has a very kid-friendly house and they found lots of stuff to play with. Lauren again organized "craft time" and the girls got to play play doh- one of their favorites. Bek has WAY more fun play doh stuff than us- we'll have to build our collection!
We got to hang out and get to know the newest member of their family- Hayley. This pic is after I put a shi tsu pony in her hair, but before Lulu started having fun with the bows. Sorry Hayley!
We also got to spend some more time with Gracie who didn't get to come to Monterey. She is just learning to feed herself. Go Gracie!
The kids got to play in the front yard. Bek has a great assortment of ride-ables for all ages. I was suprised to find that Cubby can ride his bike - no training wheels. Bek says he just got on and started riding one day- that is just like him!
EJ got to practice her skating skills and was super-happy. Guess we'll have to get some skates?
Bek also has a fun "twirly swing" hanging from their tree out front. It was a highlight for the girls and nearly gave me a heart attack every time Birdy got on it.
The weather in the bay area is so perfect. It was about 70 this day and was really comfortable to just hang out in the sunshine and cuddle the cutest 1 year old in the world!
Before nap time, we walked down to the ice cream shop that is about 3 blocks from Bek's house- *sigh*. I so want to move to Burlingame now.
See- it is a super-cute olde-style ice cream and candy shop.
EJ even got the forbidden "bubble gum" flavor!
Gracie even got in on the ice cream action. Aunt Mak introduced her to her first ice cream cone:
Then it was home for naps, movies and quiet time. Quiet time doesn't last long with these guys, though. They were up and jumping in no time.
The "big kids" even persuaded Uncle DMP to "jump" them. What a good uncle. Uncle DMP also made Jacob's week by playing lots of basketball with him. That kid can shoot!
Bek was so nice and watched the girls so DMP and I could go on a date. We went to a great greek-ish place at her recommendation and it was heaven. I wanted to literally drink the olive oil. I ordered the lamb that had been roasting all day and it was so tender and awesome. DMP got a great halibut and it was amazing, too. We then went for a milk shake and garlic fries for dessert (what?!?! garlic fries aren't a dessert food? They should be). After that we saw the new Harry Potter. Quick review- Not the best of all the movies, but still very excellent and the acting has gotten way better- particularly Rupert Grint. I totally cried at the end and I think DMP did, too, but he says he just yawned and his eyes were "watering". Hmmm...
The "big kids" even persuaded Uncle DMP to "jump" them. What a good uncle. Uncle DMP also made Jacob's week by playing lots of basketball with him. That kid can shoot!
Bek was so nice and watched the girls so DMP and I could go on a date. We went to a great greek-ish place at her recommendation and it was heaven. I wanted to literally drink the olive oil. I ordered the lamb that had been roasting all day and it was so tender and awesome. DMP got a great halibut and it was amazing, too. We then went for a milk shake and garlic fries for dessert (what?!?! garlic fries aren't a dessert food? They should be). After that we saw the new Harry Potter. Quick review- Not the best of all the movies, but still very excellent and the acting has gotten way better- particularly Rupert Grint. I totally cried at the end and I think DMP did, too, but he says he just yawned and his eyes were "watering". Hmmm...Bek was also kind enough to take a pre-date pic. Look- I'm even wearing lipstick. We clean up good!


3 comments:
Love the updates. I tried commenting on your last post, but it didn't take.
It sounds like you guys had a great time. Amelia sits on my lap each morning and is fascinated by the pictures and videos. Keep them coming!
Hurrah, you make my house look so much more fun that it really is.
Now don't ALL the cousins want to come play?
R
We all the commentary and pix but you will love these in years to come, instead of pix in a box put up high.
Post a Comment