Saturday, January 2, 2010

Aunt Kate! From London!

We were so blessed/lucky to have my sister Kate and her husband and new (to us) baby visiting Utah for Christmas! We haven't seen our dear sis since just after she got married, and this was our first time meeting Amelia.

The girls loved cooing, and oohing and ahhing over their new niece. By the time they left, Birdy was telling me that Amelia was her "little sister". If only!
I don't know how Mia would feel having Birdy for a big sister. She was, uh, quite enthusiastic, (and smothering) with her love and attention. It was cute, if a bit overwhelming for the baby :)

Isn't she just the cutest darn thing? She is a really good baby and loves to "people watch". I became her buddy when I gave her her first taste of bread (stick). That was the first big grin I got out of her!
EJ thought the baby was great, but her favorite thing was undivided attention from Uncle Matt (aka Uncle Sucker). These girls had him wrapped around their fingers- especially EJ! He played endless games, read books and gave them all the candy they asked for (yep, Matt, I know JUST how much candy you gave Birdy....). They knew that anything they wanted was theirs for the asking with Uncle Matt.
It was such a great visit and so neat to get to know my BIL better and see my sister as a Mom. I just wish they didn't live so far away!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Awww...such cute pictures. I can't believe how red poor Mia's cheeks were. They're back to normal now, if only she was. I think she's still jet lagged, though her day schedule is back to normal.

We loved hanging out with you guys. We still laugh over the cute/funny things your girls did!