Thursday, January 28, 2010

Resolution


I realized something today. Contrary to what I think, I do actually make resolutions for the new year, and I typically stick to them. It's just that my resolutions are all about food.
Nope, we're not talking about eating less food, or better food. My resolutions are all about food I want to learn to cook, or cook more of. Last year's food resolutions? Learn more recipes for Polenta, quinoa, and vegetarian stuff.
This year? It's all about overcoming my (our- DMP shares these food resolutions typically) fear of melting cheese. In the past I've attempted fondue on my own only to have it turn into cheesy oatmeal. Tasty, but ugly. We avoid homemade macaroni and cheese recipes because of the cheese sauce making that typically is involved (we've tried some non-sauce- eh). Also, we want to get over the fear of making custard- you know, creme brulee, flan.
I'll keep you posted on our progress.

2 comments:

CKW said...

I finally figured out the secret to making fondue and keeping the liquid from separating. You add cornstarch or flour until it all thickens together.

Or you just buy it ready made at the store...

older but wiser said...

I REALLY would like some fondue, right now or tomorrow...don't care how bad it is. Someone come or invite me!!