Friday, January 22, 2010

Hey- At least he's a gentleman

One thing you can say for DMP- if he knocks a girl up, he at least knows how to take care of her- very well. I consider myself blessed that I've got this guy- especially when I'm pregnant and sick and tired.

He has really stepped up and taken care of everything around the house. Normally, he'll do the shopping, but I'm mostly in charge of menu-picking and list creation. Lately, he's been doing it all. So what if one week our menu consisted of "Mac and Dots" (Mac&Cheese and hot dogs- no kidding). He's making the grocery list and shopping (and cooking) it so I don't have to even think about food. Can you imagine? I can't even look (or think about) a cookbook/cooking site!

He also has been running a lot of interference with the girls. I'm so tired (and cranky) when I get home from work, he doesn't get as much of a break as I'm sure he'd like to, but he doesn't complain. He even took the girls to the Animal Museum (aka Bean Museum) on Saturday while I napped and answered the "Why is that animal dead?" and "How did it die?" questions all by himself.

This is kind of awful, but I'm actually glad I work when I'm in the sick phase. As hard as it is, I'm at least interacting with adults and I get to sit down in front of a computer or in meetings all day. I'm extra-grateful for my SAHH who takes care of running after the kids, cooking and cleaning up. I can't imagine being sick and still having to function at home with the girls.

I hate to brag (actually, when it comes to DMP, I don't really) but I just want to put it out there in the blogoverse that I've got one of the best husbands out there. He spoils me in normal times, but he really has been going the extra mile lately!

5 comments:

JM said...

Dave is a real keeper. You've got a great man there, MAK!

older but wiser said...

I "GET IT" now...I was defending the real Dave!

Bek said...

Nothing wrong with mac every night. That is the prefernce around here. Do you ever cut the hotdogs like an octopus?? We do that and let them float in the left over mac water till they warm up and the " legs" branch out. This way the kids get a " variety". ( not in food but in shape).

Dave is a good one, for sure.

K said...

Congratulations!
Isn't it crazy to think that there's a sweet, tiny little reason causing all that, um, unpleasant stomache-ness?
Babies are the best!

Kate said...

Yay for Dave! I'm curious as to know what he answers when asked about the dead animals...