The cake died. It was pretty funny, because DMP was the one holding it and it spilled over the edge and he had to catch it- orange frosting and all. If I were awesome like Cynj, I would have just turned it into cute cake pops or something. I am not awesome, and I was FED UP so into the garbage it went and replacement bundt cakes were bought (seriously WinCo? Only 2 decorated cakes? and they are lame?)
We had Eli's party in the "shady park" by the vetran's pool, so we could swim afterwards. Here is the table set-up and the cute party favors. As you can see, we had a cute "monster" theme. The menu included Winco Sandwiches (yummy! Inexpensive!), watermelon, chips and cheese puffs, and grapes.
The kids had fun with the hats and party favors and liked the food. So did the wasps. We literally watched a little wasp trying to fly away with a piece of lunch meat that was as big as it was. Wasps at a picnic are even less fun than ants (unless it's fire ants, I suppose- I digress).
We decided to seize the opportunity to get a photo of all of the grandkids. We were only missing our sweet Mia! It is rare indeed to get most of them all in one place. Sadly, it was well past nap time and the birthday boy was DONE.
See? This is us singing to Bear and his big cousin Norah (who has a birthday the day after him!). She picked "her" cake. Just wanted to throw that out there because I KNOW if I didn't someone would give me crap :)
Bear's mood was greatly improved by a big piece of cake and presents!
His awesome presents included a train book from Grandma and Grandpa.
Cool cars from Aunt Jenn and her kids...
And a "vroom" car...
When we got back to TX, he had more presents waiting for him! He got this awesome bath toy from Aunt Kate and family. It is great- he doesn't have to play with My Little Ponies and Mermaids anymore!
He also got this wooden train set from Mommy and Daddy. It was a good birthday for our big boy! Thanks to everyone for coming and for the presents!
2 comments:
Cut Cake Pops be damned. I would have just handed everyone a fork.
By "cut" I mean "cute"
Post a Comment