Friday, August 17, 2012

Freedom Festival

After Sidewalk of Fire, we crashed at Cyndi's. The idea was to get up to see the hot air balloons (something we never managed while we actually LIVED in Provo). No one (and I mean no one) got to bed before midnight, so we scratched that idea and we just woke up to explore the Freedom Festival after I got my first of too many Rancherito's steak breakfast burritos...
The festival started out right with our own free ice cream and a photo booth!  Even Bear got his own ice cream (also, chocolate ice cream stains shirts if you don't treat it. Just so you know).  Then we walked around and looked at the booths and got swag. The kids scored some sweet IKEA water bottles, and each got to pick a treasure (the girls picked Peruvian dolls).  Then we headed off to the kid area for crafts, stories and bouncy houses.
Disneyland has trained Sis well- she knew just what to do when the pretty princess came out to read a story- she rushed right up to her and gave her a great big hug!  For some reason, her brother's weren't too interested in the princess story, so they found something much, much cooler:
The reptile show had just wrapped up and the guy had this snake that people could pet, and Junior got to hold it! He wasn't freaked out at all!
The girls got their faces painted and their hair done up.  The boys did about every craft they could do.  Then it was time for Twisted Taters!
I look forward to these things all year, I tell you.  They are so awesome!  When we were looking at the booths, I was super-excited to see that they had people who make flip books!  DMP's work Christmas party had a booth set up to make these little flip books and they are AWESOME!  I had to get the kids to make one.  They make a couple-second (6?) movie and then print the books out with one frame on each page- you know how a flip book works. 
The "plot" of our book was that the boys come in and try to hold up the girls. The girls pull out their guns and shoot them and they "die".  My favorite is the viking hat... they ran out of cowboy/pimp hats :)


2 comments:

CKW said...

I need copies! You got the best pictures of my kids that day.

Kate said...

That sounds like an awesome day! I miss 4th of July stuff!