Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School! First Day of School!

Birdy started Kindergarten today! Isn't she so cute with her winning outfit, LaLaLoopsy backpack and "ladybugs and butterflies" lunch box!   In our family (the Kinsels) we have a tradition that the kids get to pick whatever they want for breakfast for the first day of school. Birdy picked spaghetti and meatballs and a doughnut! 

She had a great day.  She says "It was awesome. I can't wait to do it again!  I like riding the bus."  Her favorite part of the day was eating lunch and going to her classroom.  Her least favorite part was recess because it was so hot! She made a new friend named Lydia.  Ms. Cain is very nice.  Best of all she got a "green smiley" (good conduct) and "only got yelled at once" :)
EJ started second grade in style! She wore her winning rock star outfit, and has a Hello Kitty backpack AND lunch box!  Her first day of school breakfast was Swedish Meatballs and a doughnut (I don't make this stuff up, folks).

She had an awesome first day. She learned about circle maps, she made a new friend named Christopher, and she already knew some kids in her class.  She and Christopher were the winners of a game.   Her favorite part of the day was knowing that Gabrielle and Riley (special kids) come to her class. The worst part of the day was recess! It was SOOO hot, and so short!
Riding the bus is old hat for EJ, but it was Birdy's first time.  She said she was the quietest on the bus and it was a lot of fun!
P.S. Last night, after I wrote this post, EJ said to me "I'm so glad Birdy had a good day. I was SOOO worried about her all day!" Isn't she a gem!

1 comment:

CKW said...

I totally read the title of your post in my head in a Nemo voice! They look great. I'm pleased to note that both of my first choices made the cut ;-)