We rolled into UT on a Sunday, and the next day (Monday, funny how that works) happened to be our old neighborhood's 4th of July block party- the Sidewalk of Fire (
remember? ) As much as I would have rather stuck a fork in my eyeball than get back into the car, we decided to go and crash it. We were so glad we did. It was an awesome way to visit with and reconnect with friends from our old ward. Plus, they had all the cotton candy you could eat. Apparently cotton candy is terrifying if you are Bear. Not the machine- the actual candy. He'd scream and pull away when I offered to him and he got really upset if I ate it, too.
There were games to play...
And prizes to be won.
And since they are my kids- carefree, public dancing.
EJ is starting to be "too cool" to dance with her nerdy Mom, sister and brother. She got down and boogied with her BFF Emmie after the fireworks, though.
As hard as it was to face getting back into the car, we were really happy we went!
1 comment:
I'm glad you went too. It was great to see you and the kiddos.
Post a Comment