Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Train Day!

One rainy day in Heber we decided to run through a rain shower to wave to the train as it pulled out of the station. We wanted to stay and look at the steam engine and other cars they have around the station, but it was too rainy, so we went to the DK (where else?)
We got ice cream and watched the model Harry Potter train until the rain stopped. Incidentally, Bear rejected his ice cream in favor of my onion rings. That's my boy! Then, we went back to the station to have a look around.
The girls got to explore the steam engine a bit. This pose was their idea :)
I think we can safely pinpoint Bear's new found love for all things train to this very day.  He started out (predictably) terrified when the train honked it's loud horn and pulled out of the station.  He wouldn't let me put him down pretty much the entire time we were exploring the station. Apparently train cars sitting perfectly still are pretty scary.
Eventually, he warmed up (although he wouldn't let me put him down, still.) I took the picture above while I was holding him so that I would have evidence that we were there :)
I think he finally decided that since the scary train hadn't eaten his sister's by now, it was OK to pose for a picture, as long as it was FAR away. 
Finally, a picture all by himself. He's even smiling!  We eventually were able to get pretty close (like 6 feet away) and he had fun making all of the train noises.  As I'm typing this, he is shouting "Train, Train! Choo Choo Hug! Ding Ding Ding! and trying to crawl on my lap so I think it is safe to say that the initial terror has been fully replaced by true love.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I think it is an unwritten rule that boys have to love trains at some point in their life.

He's so cute!

janemkinsel said...

Must post a follow up about smashing silverware and pennies! Cute pix.