Last weekend, DMP took the girls with him to a friend "reunion" of sorts in Logan with my Bro and Sis-in-Law. He stayed with them overnight Friday and came home late Saturday. This means that I had a full 24+ hours with no one but me and the "furbabies". Bliss.I spent Friday night doing absolutely nothing. I got halibut fish and chips (from Magelby's Fresh- Yum!) and watched some shark week. Then I alternated between watching TV and reading. Chester and I were both in heaven.
I went to bed late, knowing that there would be no Birdy cheerfully waking me up with the (adorable) "I'm awake! It is a sunny day! MOMMA!". I still had to get up early to let Chester potty (I'm too worried about the new carpet to do otherwise) but I was able to go right back to bed.
Through it all, thanks to therapy and medication, I was able to squash the little voices that say "Maybe you should clean the bathrooms" or "Gee, that stuff in the spare room needs sorting for D.I.". That is progress folks.
I told some coworkers about my family-free weekend and they couldn't believe I wasnt' doing anything. "Don't you want to go out??". Nope, I want to sit in my silent home and not have to talk, cook, help or otherwise interact with ANYONE. I realized that except for a few times when I've been sick and DMP has taken the girls to church without me, I haven't been alone (especially not at home) for as long as I can remember.
Don't get me wrong- I love my family and I think that it is because I try so hard to spend good, quality time with them when I'm not working that it was so nice to be alone!
The other best part was that in the morning, after I woke up "for good" around 10, I drove north to Cyndi's house and we went to lunch and did some serious shopping. I got new Pottery Barn sheets (thanks to Downeast Home) and TONS of super-cute clothes for the girls at the best Kid to Kid ever. It was so nice to build in some "girl time" on top of the me time.
What did you do this weekend?
4 comments:
Do you really want to know what I did this last weekend? I went to Borough Market with Dad, Matt and Amelia and then on Saturday Dad and I made our way past the many tourists on Abbey Road to go to Portabello Road.
Then I ate at Nando's that night with Matt, and we also went shopping at Sainburys.
On Sunday, we skipped church (Amelia needed a break and pretty much slept the entire day) and I went to Homebase and got some mouse traps.
It was a very busy weekend for us. But you did ask. ;)
Great blog, I love that you're updating so much.
Primed the Red Wall (2 times, never paint blood red!) washed baseboards, Charity work in SLC,(shopped and delivered clothing to a family affected by a fire) watered the lawn, (endlessly) Prepped the LR and bedroom for carpet cleaning.
Tomorrow I have to shovel some out and Put the rest back!
Not fun to do it alone! Oh well, I have more you can volunteer for.
Alone....that is why I loved my CoreAcademy travels...air conditioned hotels, eating out, professional dialoge...AhhhHh.
The picture you've picked might look blissful to some, but not me--we've been watching Shark Week, too!
It sounds heavenly, thought.
I miss Nando's
RBK
Post a Comment