
We had big plans for last Saturday. We were going to go to the This Is The Place park with Grandma, LuLu and Cubby (who were visiting) and Aunt Jen & her kids. Unfortunately this crazy summer weather wasn't on our side. It was blustery and rainy all morning, so we had to quickly change plans.
Everyone came to our place to have our rained-out picnic and find something fun to do in Provo. When I found out everyone was coming to my place, I saw a golden opportunity to use up the bunches of paint I got last year for our family reunion.
After a quick trip to JoAnn's, we had six treasure boxes and one birdhouse ready for the cousins to paint. Guess who insisted on a Birdhouse?
The kids had lots of fun, and as you can see from the pics, it required a bunch of concentration to get them just right.

Look who has to stick out her tounge when doing things that require concentration? Must get it from her Momma!
While the paint was drying, we loaded up and went to the "Animal Museum" a.k.a the Bean Museum. Much dismay and indignation was expressed by Abby and LuLu about the dead-ness of the animals. It was pretty funny- to a point. I finally declared that everyone should just accept the fact that the animals are dead and stop commenting on it. The funniest thing was when Jenn was pointing to a display and telling Abby that in the "old days" scientists didn't have a way to keep animals alive for a long time to study them or transport them to where they worked, so they would stuff and etc. Abby seemed skeptical and Jenn said "Do you understand?" Abby replied "Yes, but I don't believe you.". Ahh, I can't wait for a tween of my own!
All the kids were able to fill out their animal scavenger hunt (Cubby was so diligent in doing his- he even checked twice next to animals that there were multiples of!). After the museum, it was off to get some frozen custard at Coney's. The kids loved it LOTS and almost all asked for seconds.
BTW- If anyone is interested, here are my boyfriends playing on my new carpet. It gives you a pretty good idea of the color/texture. But you have to feel it with your bare feet to fully appreciate it!
2 comments:
It WAS lots of fun and the kids behaved so well. Three cheers for MAK and family!
Hey! Birdy and I didn't get any ice cream.
Post a Comment