Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So, So Inspired...

Through the roundabout way of the internets, I found a link to the CraftHope project:
http://crafthope.com/

According to their website, this project is:
Craft Hope is a faith-based, love inspired project designed to share
handmade crafts with those less fortunate. It is our hope to combine our
love for crafting and desire to help others into a project to make a
difference around the world.
So far it looks like they've made pillowcase dresses, dolls, blankets, hats and booties for children in Nicaragua, India, and Mexico. It is a way to mobilize crafty (or not so crafty) people into creating items that can provide hope and comfort for kids and people who need it.

Lately I've been "into" making things and I'm so inspired by this site and the concept- I can't wait to get involved and see if I can get others involved too. Now I'm off to figure out how to make a Sock Monkey for their latest project (deadline Sept 18). They are making and delivering sock monkey's to kids at a preschool burn camp.

No comments: