Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had a great birthday everyone! DMP and the girls met me for lunch and presents. They picked the presents out at Target all by themselves (Thank you dollar section!). EJ picked a mirror "to put on my makeup" and Birdy picked a pink doggie squeaky toy. Thankfully, the squeak seems to be broken :).


They were both so proud of their presents. Birdy was the funniest- if I'd comment on how much I liked EJ's present, she would say "Do you like my present?" and have to get praise, too! Here is the best picture we could manage of them with their picks for my birthday presents.

DMP took the evening off (big suprise for him on a Wednesday night!) and arranged for the girls to go to Grandma's for the night. We had a fun evening that included sushi at one of my favorite restauraunts in Provo - Shoga and a sunday at Coney's frozen custard as my "cake". I was bummed that we didn't bring the camera so we could share pics, but I did have the flip, so here is some video of just some of our yummy dinner!

4 comments:

older but wiser said...

I like most things but....maybe if I had some really good sushi etc. I would be a convert.
Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Its ok mom, sushi is a pretty grown up taste.

RBK

JM said...

Hey, it's me, Abby.
Mellisa, you made me sound like the Grinch that stole Christmas! I TRIED to enjoy it!

JM said...

It's Jen. Abigail was trying to post a comment about the Bean. Happy Birthday!